Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Oh Muslims,
This final part of the series, which is part seven, is based upon the positions of SPUBS. To be fair, in the past they took positions that were correct and based upon evidences. However, recently, it is quite clear that many of their positions are no longer based upon clear evidences. Rather, they are based upon self preservation and political expediency. To the point that they have actualized the principle: “We cooperate in what we agree upon and we excuse each other in what we disagree upon.”
I will simply give five examples of such, some which the public would know and one which they may not know.
1. Their flip-flopping regarding their position on the Yemeni scholars. After the first bombardment of Dammaj, Shaikh Rabee’ praised Shaikh Yahya (after saying he was Hadaadi some months before) and his students and even allowed Shaikh Yahya to deliver a class via tele-link to his house. However, they didn’t spread that news as it would have negated their slanderous remarks regarding Shaikh Yahya. The reason for that being that Shaikh Yahya clarified that SPUBS were ignorant and that that they were committing acts that were opposing the Sunnah.
2. Although Abdullah Al Bukhari clearly slandered the Imam and Muhaddith of Yemen, Shaikh Muqbil, and delivered a non-apologetic retraction there was not one statement or article by SPUBS showing their disdain for his statements.
3. Although the scholars who opposed Shaikh Yahya in Yemen such as Abdur Rahmaan Al ‘Adeni, ‘Abdul ‘Azeez Al Bura’ee, Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab Al Wassabi and Muhammad Al Imaam were traversing upon the principles of Abu Hasan Al Ma’ribi regarding their leniency toward the people of Bid’ah (as evidenced by the book called Al Ibanah by Muhammad Al Imaam) not one word was said regarding that. Furthermore, when Shaikh Ubaid Al Jaabiri, Shaikh Rabee’ Al Madkhali and others refuted the individuals aforementioned there was no clarification forthcoming from SPUBS regarding their condition.
4. Furthermore, their current position regarding their companions, who have been refuted by Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Hadi Al Madkhali (based on clear evidences) hasn’t become apparent up to now. Their position on Hani Buraik,, who has clearly committed Khurooj (rebellion) against the established Muslim ruler in Yemen, hasn’t been articulated in any article or audio. Rather, the followers of SPUBS are being told to remain silent regarding the refutations by Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Haadi on Hani Buraik, Arafaat Muhammadi and others (who caused the majority of the fitnah in Yemen) for the following reasons.
- They have tele-links and attend seminars with these individuals (haven’t seen any by Hani recently)
- They have closer access to Shaikh Rabee’.
- For fear that if these individuals are shown for their deception it would invalidate their claims regarding Shaikh Yahya,
5. In Trinidad specifically, they cooperate with individuals who have clear deviations within their methodology. In one case, the individual possesses the methodology of the Ikhwaan Al Muslimeen believing that as an Imam he has the same authority as a Muslim ruler. This is of no surprise because that individual never purified himself from the ideology he was nurtured upon previously when he entered into Islam. As a matter of FACT, the word Salafeeyah was NEVER used on his Minbar (for seven years at that time) until your’s truly clarified that the members of his Jama’ah weren’t (and are still not) being nurtured upon this Manhaj.
In the other case, their callers cooperate with those who have clear enmity toward Dawah As Salafeeyah,* bringing forth excuses for them while being so anxious to spread the nonsensical ad-hominem diatribe emitted by Abu Hakeem Bilal Davies regarding myself. Likewise, when many of the youth were being swayed by callers hiding their deviant reality under the cloak of Salafeeyah everyone of them stood silent stating that they didn’t want to get within bacchanal (chaos). Many of these youths, who were upon Salafeeyah years ago are now either Ikhwani or Khariji.
Thirdly, they give prominence to individuals, like those of MPUBS, who lack foundational knowledge of the Manhaj and make them gate-keepers of this Da’wah in Trinidad. The same MPUBS who hosted a Guyanese caller who spewed the poison of the Ikhwaan Ul Muslimeen, under the guise of Salafeeyah within Trinidad and Tobago while they were none the wiser.
My dear brothers and sisters in the west, should those in my tiny, twin-island Republic in the Caribbean Sea be satisfied with a Salafeeyah mixed with clear deviation, cooperation with Ahlul Bid’ah, silence regarding the innovators and unqualified leadership?
Or is this type of Salafeeyah is inappropriate for the British consumption yet appropriate for Trinidad and Tobago?
May Allah ta’ala make this humble post a means to clarify to all and sundry that SPUBS neither operate based upon principles nor upon blind-following. Rather their allegiances and positions are strategically utilized for their own survival and self-preservation.
This seven part clarification was in refutation of Abu Hakeem Bilaal Davies who attempted to blow smoke in the faces of the general masses regarding the reality of Da’wah As Salafeeyah. Although one can’t deny that a lot of good has been spread and much has been clarified through their work in Da’wah, of recent they have not adhered to the principles of this Da’wah. Rather, they have done the following:
1. They have abandoned the rules of Jarh Wa Ta’deel when dealing with groups and individuals.*
2. They have restricted the definition of Ahlus Sunnah in the West as those who adhere and co-operate with them.
3. They have made general Tabdee’ upon those who oppose SPUBS.
4. Their positions are based upon self preservation rather than principles.
I ask Allah to give them all the guidance to repent from such deviations that are foreign to the Da’wah of all the past and present scholars.
*It has gotten so ridiculous that these callers are even being called the Kibaar (elders) by the youth. One of them even used the statement of the Messenger: “The blessing is with your elders,” when pertaining to them. And what I have clarified here is only a raindrop from the storm.
*To the point that when a sister was asked for evidence regarding my deviation she was heavily rebuked no other than Abu Khadeejah for asking!