This is just a simple history lesson for those who speak without knowledge regarding this country which is the best Muslim country these is right now on the earth.
When ‘Abdul ‘Azeez Ibn Saa’uud formed the modern Saudi state (it being the third) he was in charge of vast territory which encompassed the borders of modern Iraaq to Yemen in the south. It was an underdeveloped country beyond Makkah and Medinah and was severely disunited and unsafe.
King ‘Abdul ‘Azeez Ibn Sa’uud (may Allah have mercy upon him) united this country with its many different provinces and tribes. Likewise, before the advent of oil he built kerosene pumps to pump out water and improved agricultural through the import of agricultural technology in addition to building a capable human resource to use and manage that technology.
He was politically astute. During World War I he remained neutral as well as for the majority of World War II in order to secure the Arabian peninsula from that which was occurring in the outside world from trials and war. To send young citizens to fight in international campaigns while the country was still young would have meant disaster for the state. And those who would have studied History and have specialized in it would know the consequences of militarizing one’s country as well as engaging it in numerous military campaigns.
Additionally, and this is from the good deeds of the late King ‘Abdul ‘Azeez is that he made the Hajj journey safer for pilgrims. Beforehand, on the way to Hajj some pilgrims were robbed and taken as slaves by the Bedouins. However, King ‘Abdul ‘Azeez set up check points all over areas where the Hujaaj would pass as to ensure their security. Likewise, he extended the Haram for the first time in 400 years which made the Hajj journey more comfortable for those who made Hajj. Likewise they broke down the four Minbars that represented the four Madhabs in the Haram Masjid and put everyone to pray under one Minbar.
Under King Faisal, the University of Madeenah was built and students from all over the world were given the opportunity to study the religion and its sciences free of charge.From the great alumni of that University are Shaikh Muqbil Ibn Haadi Al Waadi’ee who by Allah’s will lit up the whole of Yemen with Tawheed and Sunnah. Likewise he participated in the October war wherein he lent some of his air force and ground forces in the fight against them.
King Fahd opened the Qur’an Printing complex which printed the Qur’an in the ‘Uthmani script and copies from that complex are sent around the world. There are also translations of the meanings of the Qur’an in English, French, Spanish, Urdu, Hindi etc. He also lent his forces in defeating Saddam Hussein in the Gulf War which threatened the stability of the whole region.
King ‘Abdullah gave charities to all over the world. He sponsored millions of orphans in regions around the world and put his own name as their sponsor. He also took the strongest stance against the terrorist group, the Ikhwaan Al Muslimeen, who only seek to make mischief and problems in all Muslim countries and deface the religion of Islaam.
And now King Salmaan who Insha Allah much good will come from like those who came before him.
And although there are mistakes made, verily if we are just it is obvious that the good outweighs the evil by centuries. It is sufficient to say that because they have held unto that which their great grandfather, Muhammad Ibn Sa’uud was upon, from calling toward Tawheed and its implementation that they are the most deserved to rule what Allah has given them.
And if we take a just look at those who belittle and curse Saudi Arabia and its rulers we would see that:
1. They are the likes of ISIS and BOKO HARAM who are insane lunatics who wish to satisfy a blood lust that even the ficticious Dracula would be ashamed about.
2. The Ikhwaan Al Muslimeen whose goal is to snatch authority by any means necessary even if it is not legislated.
3. The Liberals from the Middle East and the West who usually emphasize topics such as freedom of speech and women’s rights when in fact they themselves have limits regarding freedom of speech and women’s rights. An example of the latter is is in France where a man has the right to draw malicious cartoons about the Prophet Muhammad and yet women have no right whatever to wear the veils to cover their faces!
So where are the rights and freedoms they pontificate about?
4. The Sufis and Shee’ah who are still upset that Shaikh Muhammad Ibn ‘Abdul Wahhab and his decedents by lineage or knowledge continue to uncover their deviant beliefs with the book of Allah and the Sunnah.
So what do these four groups want?
– Do they want Saudi Arabia to be like Yemen wherein there is neither security nor safety?
– Do they want it to be like the so called fraudulent Islamic State who seem to have no idea as to how Islamic legislation is carried about?
-Do they want Saudi Arabia wherein graves are worshipped and there is widespread innovations?
– Do they want a Saudi Arabia which is run by a democratic system which usually brings confusion and chaos in Middle Eastern Countries as well as other countries worldwide?
What in reality do they want? And just to give you a short story. A brother who graduated from the University in Trinidad told me that one cannot practice Islaam in Saudi Arabia properly!! Strange when the normal policemen tell you it is time for prayer if you are walking on the street, strange when you can study under the scholars and feel safety without problems. I remember sometimes walking out my apartment at 3:30 in the morning without any worry of a thief or a gunman whereas in Trinidad we have to lock ourselves behind burglar proofing as if we are in prison.
May Allah ta’ala help and guide and aid King Salmaan and other rulers throughout the Muslim world. May Allah grant Yemen peace and security and a ruler (as it has none right now) who is able to protect his people, grant them safety and aid them in practicing Islaam as it supposed to be practiced.