Shaikh Bakr Abu Zaid said in his book Hilyah Taalib Ul ‘Ilm:
“Ask yourself about your portion of the signs of beneficial knowledge and they are:
1. Action upon it
2. Disliking praise and appraisals, and being arrogant over the creation.
Note: Shaikh ‘Uthaimeen said: And this is what some have been tested with…
3. Having much humility when you increase in knowledge.
4. Running away from loving leadership, fame and the Dunya.
5. Staying away from claiming knowledge.
6. Thinking bad of yourself and thinking good of the people thereby keeping oneself away from speaking ill about them.