I just want everyone to reflect on the differences between ISIS who are foolish, young and have no understanding of the religion of Islaam whatsoever and the Islamic Caliphate and Empires that existed for centuries.
1. ‘Ali (رضي الله عنه) moved the Caliphate to Baghdad. Yet there were still minorities living under his protection in that their lives, their wealth, their honour and their women were secure.
2. The Ummayads had an empire and the capital was Baghdad yet minorities lived in this empire and existed in peace. From their rulers was the great companion of the Prophet, Mu’awiyah and also ‘Umar Ibn ‘Abdul ‘Azeez.
3. The Abbasids who existed for over 700 years had an empire yet minorities lived in this empire and existed in peace. From their rulers was Haaroon Ar Raasheed.
4. Salahudeen Al Ayyubi also known as Saladin guaranteed safety of the Christians in Jerusalem when they were leaving and allowed the Christians to practice their religion freely even after he conquered it.
5. The Ottomon Turks had an empire for a very long time and yet guaranteed religious freedom for all those under them to the point that Jews fled Europe in the 15th and 16th centuries to live under the Ottomon Turks.
And now you have these heartless dogs who kill everyone from SUNNI Muslim to minority. It is either they understood Islam better than those ‘Ali, Salahudeen, the Ummayads, the Abbasids and the Ottomons or that they are upon manifest misguidance.
Under the aforementioned (1-5) Islam flourished and scholars were in abundance. ISIS does not even have ONE reputable scholar who supports them.
Food for thought.