Bismillah Ar Rahmaan Ar Raheem
Narrated by Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) the Prophet (salallahu alaihi wa sallam) said , ” All of My ummah will attain Jannah except those who refuse.” The companions asks,” And who refuses oh Prophet?” He then said,” Whoever follows me has entered Jannah and whoever refuses to follow me has refused” Narrated by Bukhari.
Benefits of the Hadeeth:
1. That the Prophet (Salallahu alaihi wa sallam) has predicted that his ummah will enter Jannah.
2. Refusal to follow the Prophet (Salallahu alaihi wa sallam)leads to a person not entering Jannah.
3. Meaning of the statement of Imam Barbarharee in his book “Explaination of the Sunnah”, ” Islam is the Sunnah and the sunnah is Islam and one cannot stand up without the other.
4. The religion is clear and the guidance is known as one cannot refuse something unless it was shown to him.
5. Meaning of the statement of Umar Ibn Abdul Azeez where he said ” There is no excuse for the one who the truth has come to him and thinks that it is misguidance.”
6.Knowledge is given to those who ask. This is shown by the fact that the companions asked the Prophet and did not leave the matter unclear going off to their own interpretation.
7. That it is compulsory to ask the people of knowledge if one does not know and the impotance of going to them to get fatwa.
8. The fact that the sunnah is revealed as the Prophet (Salallahu alaihi wa sallam) does not know the unseen except for Allah’s permission yet he proclaimed who enters and does not enter Jannah.
9.To enter Jannah one has to follow the Prophet.
10. The meaning of Allah’s statement ” And whomsoever disputes with the Prophet after clear guidance has been give to him and follows a way other than the way of the believers we leave him to what he has chosen and throw him into jahannam. What an evil abode.”