I know that it is a bit late since it only has about 11 or ten days left in Ramadaan. However, Alhamdu Lillah I have completed this small compilation relating to some of the issues of fasting that some may find problematic. May Allah bring benefit through it.
The one who is sane
The one who has reached the age of puberty
The one who has the ability to do so
As for the one who is sane this excludes the insane. And the fast of the insane is not correct.
The one who is terminally ill. In this case he feeds a poor person for every day.
The woman who is mentruating or has post natal bleeding. In that case she is not to fast at all however she makes up the fast on other days. As in the Hadeeth of A’isha in Saheeh Al Bukhari.
The woman who is breastfeeding or pregnant. She has the choice of either fasting or not fasting. If she does not fast she makes it up on other days. And this is what some of the scholars have noted.
The one who is either sick or travelling. And they can either fast or make it up on other days.
2. Drinking on purpose
3. Vomiting on purpose
4. Masturbating with semen coming out.
2. Delaying it until the dawn
3. Hurrying the breaking of the fast (after the sun has set)
4. Breaking the fast upon half ripe dates (Rutab), if not dates (Tamr) if not water.
5. Spending one’s day in the worship of Allah from Du’a and reading the Qur’an.
3. Ignorant behaviour.
Question Number two from Fatwa number 3594
Question 2: A man saw the moon of Ramadaan in his country and began the fast. Then he travelled to another country and he was in the 28th Day of Ramadan and the people of that country saw the moon of Shawaal. Should he pray with them on Eid with the fact that he has fasted only 28 days?
Answer: The point in beginning the fast of Ramadan is seeing the moon in his region in its direction the day he is in his country. And also this is the case of Fitr (Eed) hence the point in seeing the moon of Shawwal in the country where he travelled. And upon this it is compulsory for him to break his fast and pray eid with those in the country where the moon of Shawwal was seen and he is within them. And he makes up for the days he missed in fasting until his fast goes up to 29 days. Because a month can either be 29 or thirty days.
And with Allah is the guidance, and may peace be unto the Messenger and his family and his followers.
Head: Shaikh Abdul Azeez Ibn Baaz
Vice- Head: Abdur Razzaq Al Afeefi
Member: Abdullah Ibn Ghudaiyaan
Member: Abdullah Ibn Qa’uud.
ج2: العبرة في بدء صيام رمضان برؤية الهلال في مطلعه بجهته يوم كان في بلده، وكذلك الحال في الفطر فتعتبر رؤية هلال شوال في البلد الذي سافر إليه، وعلى ذلك يجب أن يفطر ويصلي العيد مع من في البلد الذي رئي فيه هلال شوال، وهو بين أظهرهم، ويقضي ما نقص من أيام صومه حتى يكون ما صامه تسعة وعشرين يومًا؛ لأن الشهر يكون 29 أحيانًا و30 أحيانًا.
اللجنة الدائمة للبحوث العلمية والإفتاء
|عضو||عضو||نائب رئيس اللجنة||الرئيس|
|عبد الله بن قعود||عبد الله بن غديان||عبد الرزاق عفيفي||عبد العزيز بن عبد الله بن باز|
Tayammum in the language means to intend.
According to Islamic terminology it is the use of pure dirt as a replacement for water on specific joints for major or minor impurity.
(i) Use of pure dirt: Meaning that one cannot make Tayammum with faeces or urine.
(ii) As a replacement for water (And this occurs in two instances)
(1) When water that purifies is not present.
(2) When one is unable to use water due to
sickness, fear and the like.
Description of Tayammum: One places his hands on the dirt and then blows some of the dirt off from his hands. Then wipes his face and his hands up to his wrists.
What is Wuduu?
Wuduu is an act which:
i) Water that purifies is used (which is water that three things are not changed: its smell, its colour and its taste). Not water that is mixed with a pure substance or water that is mixed with an impure substance (that changes these three descriptions)
ii) Is done in specific sequence. As the Prophet (Salallahu alaihi wa sallam) did it.
iii) Becomes compulsory with Minor Hadath (Hadath is what makes Wuduu compulsory like urine, stool, deep sleep etc).
iv) Becomes compulsory when the time for compulsory prayer approaches (if one has done an action which breaks Wuduu). Also if one wants to make non compulsory prayer and doesn’t have Wuduu he must make Wuduu
Steps in Wuduu:
1) To make the intention. This is done within the heart. Saying it loud is in fact an innovation since there is nothing in the book and the Sunnah that shows that one can say his intention for Wuduu loudly. The Prophet (Salallahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Verily actions are by intentions”.
2) Saying Bismillah Ar Rahmaan Ar Raheeem.
3) Washing the hands up to the wrists three times.
4) Washing the face three times. Included in this is the mouth and the nose (meaning rinsing the mouth and washing the nostrils).
5) Washing the arms further than the elbow three times.
6) Wiping the head once (as narrated in Saheeh Bukhari and Muslim). And what is included in this are the ears. And the method in wiping the ears is by using the index fingers to wipe inside the ears and using the thumbs to wipe outside of it.
7) Washing the feet three times letting the water reach above the ankle. And this includes washing between the toes also.